Today is New Year’s Eve!!! :)
Today is a joyful day here in Greece! All the children are outside, and go from home to home to say the New Year’s carols! Again, like the Christmas carols, the New Year’s carols are differ among the different places in greece. Eg. The carols in Crete are more joyful than Epirus’ carols, because Cretan Lyra is used.
I have to mention here that St. Basil that is commemorated tomorrow, is the eastern “Santa Claus”. Here “Santa Claus” for children is not Saint Nicholas but Saint Basil (his appearence was ascetic, he was very thin, very different than today’s red ”Santa Claus”.
Later, I’ll make a post about Saint Basil’s pie that is a greek tradition :)
- fortesfortunajuvat likes this
- mimorena likes this
- musingsofagingerorthodox likes this
- simplyorthodox likes this
- scrisori-de-sertar reblogged this from simplyorthodox and added:
- adamthenorman likes this
- sashastergiou likes this
- scrisori-de-sertar likes this
- simplyorthodox posted this