“I love my homeland the Orthodox and glorious one”
I am not either French-loving, nor Russian-loving, nor English-loving, rather only I am God-loving, a friend of God, I belong to the party of God, I belong to the Church of Christ. I love my homeland the Orthodox and glorious one. And I will give all for her!
-Theodore Kolokotronis, the pre-eminent leader of the Greek War of Independence. This is his reply to the question in which party he belongs.
- 8esther8 likes this
- sebmot5 likes this
- belovedorthodoxy reblogged this from simplyorthodox
- goldladymillion likes this
- givememorepeasplease likes this
- lombiegee reblogged this from simplyorthodox
- honor-not-honors said: phyletism, much?
- ossahumiliata likes this
- varangoi reblogged this from simplyorthodox
- simplyorthodox posted this