In a hurry to get married?
We are to be as the wise virgins and not the foolish ones. Be diligient, vigilant, and WAIT on the Lord. No it’s not easy, but that’s where prayer, fasting, Bible Study, and fellowship comes in. Fortunately in Eastern Orthodoxy, there are many examples of how to live the single life from the Saints, and let me tell you some of ‘em weren’t always saints! Two saints that had to struggle with their passions were St. Mary of Egypt and St. Moses the Black. It’s said that if one is dealing with/fighting temptations these are two who are good to pray to to ask for guidance.
AT any ate, we need to do what you need to do and avoid temptations and ignore what the world says to us via the Romantic books, movies and TV shows. Those are fantasies, not reality. Also, those who are married need to not be putting on the pressure on the single ladies or making them feel like second class citizens simply because they don’t have any man.
- An excerpt from “Choosing to look East”
- brightenthecornerwhereyouare likes this
- gonebeneathmywheels likes this
- deigratia21 likes this
- patchedworklife likes this
- adamthenorman likes this
- lilianne2 reblogged this from simplyorthodox
- kermieandme reblogged this from simplyorthodox
- alchemicalinourworks likes this
- blood-roses-stars likes this
- da-mines likes this
- orthodoxprep reblogged this from simplyorthodox and added:
- nicoleoh likes this
- theorthodoxgingerbeard reblogged this from simplyorthodox
- bankston likes this
- teennobody likes this
- sashastergiou likes this
- simplyorthodox posted this