Christ is Risen dear Nick!
This phrase is a Paschal greeting. It is a custom among Orthodox Christians, consisting of a greeting and response. We start to say it with the feast of Pascha and it lasts until Ascension. In some countries, such as in Russia and Serbia, it is also customary to exchange a triple kiss on the alternating cheeks after the greeting.
In this way Orthodox Christians spread our joy for Jesus Resurrection and we keep spreading the joyful message! Remember, Saint Seraphim of Sarov was always greeting his guests with a prostration, a kiss, and exclaiming “Christ is risen, my Joy!”, no matter if it was Easter or not.
So all of us should follow his example and greet everyone, throughout the year with “Christ is Risen!” and we will feel a small piece of Paradise in our souls.
CHRIST IS RISEN! INDEED, HE IS RISEN!
- agentsama said: Dear Catholic Nick: Easter isn’t over for us either! Surely you should know this, since our very own Eastertide lasts until the Feast of Pentecost.
- sword-meets-rose said: erm… Dear Nick, it’s still the Easter season!! Love, another Catholic. :)
- yourwordshavechangedmetess likes this
- johns-musings said: Χριστος ανεστη, it is a shame how many Catholics don’t know what there church teaches ;-(
- susans-sanctuary likes this
- gtasoldier likes this
- treasured-wealth likes this
- adamthenorman likes this
- jamtaylor said: Whether Easter is over or not, Christ is still risen.
- dailydreamerdigest likes this
- fudanzakura likes this
- moonbutterfly likes this
- simplyorthodox posted this