Can anyone inform me about what happened with OCA and Metropolitan Jonah?
I belong to the Church of Greece, (the autocephalous Church in communion with the Ecumenical Patriarchate), so I am not so well informed on what’s going on in Orthodoxy in America. I’m searching about it in Greek Orthodox ecclesiastical sites and blogs but I still haven’t found enough articles.
Could you please share with me some links, or explain what happened? Is it true that Metropolitan Jonah is leaving? He’s such an inspirational personality that has offered a lot in OCA. Has he announced the reasons why he’s leaving?
- gtasoldier likes this
- forgivemeasinner likes this
- forgivemeasinner said: It’s really a shame that the OCA is losing a great primate… Lord have mercy. +++
- pausepictures answered: He resigned, but I don’t think he stated a reason why.
- poeticjabbing answered: The only intformation is could find among american stuff is this posthttp://oca.org/news/headline-news/metropolitan-jonah-tenders-resignation
- greekpineapple reblogged this from simplyorthodox
- theorthodoxgingerbeard said: basically he didnt feel cut out for it and the synod is very unwilling to progress to being a true self-governed body. The synod and Jonah clashed over issues as he is progressive and they are not.
- theorthodoxgingerbeard answered: oca.org/news/he…
- abujenna answered: oca.org/news/he…
- luiserodz likes this
- alexgstall likes this
- spreadthetruelight answered: oca.org/news/he… - This link shows his letter of resignation.
- oneblankslate said: Here it is: oca.org/news/he…
- simplyorthodox posted this