Οn the “Romanian Orthodox priests calendar”
Christ is Born!
Many of you might have heard the existance of a new calendar that shows “priests” naked. You have sent me many messages about that, so I’d like to say my opinion.
It’s not the first time that Orthodoxy has been under attack, it’s a very common thing. It’s not a coincidence that this calendar released some days before the Birth of Christ. Last year, two days before the Nativity (coincidence again???), Elder Efraim of Vatopaidi had been prosecuted for something he actually didn’t do, just because those who fight Orthodoxy wanted to discredit the monasteries of the Mount Athos.
These men in the calendar are NOT priests, they are just models, no matter what the calendar says. They are super-muscled and super-stylized. If they are priests, then I am an astronaut!
No matter what they are trying to do to discredit the Birth of the Lord and the Holy Orthodox Church, Christ is actually Born!
- loveromania reblogged this from simplyorthodox
- scribbledlines said:Is there anyway to know for sure they aren’t actual priests? And they aren’t in pornographic positions…why exactly is it wrong, or an attempt to discredit the Church?
- patchedworklife likes this
- theorthodoxgingerbeard likes this
- christoc-anesti likes this
- heroinscarlet likes this
- lexeia said:I can’t believe this kind of stuff exists…
- lexeia likes this
- stringimi likes this
- immerlein likes this
- simplyorthodox posted this